The Snapshot mode for the Real-Time Diagnostic allows school and district administrators to get all the benefits of a benchmark assessment but in a flexible, lightweight format:
- With Snapshot mode, administrators can select one or more specific times during the year for students to complete their diagnostic in math and/or language arts.
- The diagnostic pinpoints students' knowledge levels in as little as 45 minutes per subject, and provides administrators with data on their grade-level proficiency in key math and language arts strands.
- Insights from previous Snapshots are always available, allowing administrators to track student progress over time. To support further growth, IXL provides each student with a personalized action plan that contains specific skill suggestions for remediation and enrichment.
If you are a primary administrator, you can set Snapshots for your school or district through your account settings by following these steps:
- Sign in to your IXL administrator account.
- Click Account management.
- Beneath Account management, click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Beneath the “Snapshot Diagnostic” heading, click Create a snapshot window.
- Choose your desired start and end dates, subjects, and student grade levels to be included.
- Click Create.