IXL's 2021 Spring Learning Showdown
We are excited to be hosting our spring contest to see which classrooms can answer the most questions on IXL. On May 4, we'll announce the winners on Facebook and the IXL Blog—each winning classroom will receive a pizza party!
The IXL Spring Learning Showdown runs from April 1 to April 30. Enter your classes now!
Official Contest Entry Form
This contest is for subscribed teachers only!
If you are a teacher on an active IXL subscription and would like to register for this contest, please sign into your IXL teacher account and visit https://www.ixl.com/contest.
2021 IXL SPRING LEARNING SHOWDOWN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- 1. Eligibility: Open to public and private elementary, middle and high school classrooms with a minimum class size of ten (10) students that have and maintain an account in good standing with IXL Learning (“IXL” or “Sponsor”) for the duration of the Contest Period. The account may be an active IXL site subscription or an active classroom subscription.
- 1. Eligibility: Open to public and private elementary, middle and high school classrooms with a minimum class size of ten (10) students that have and maintain an account in good standing with IXL Learning (“IXL” or “Sponsor”) for the duration of the Contest Period. The account may be an active IXL site subscription or an active classroom subscription. Eligibility is worldwide, but subject to U.S. law as set forth herein. Each entrant classroom must have secured any necessary consent or approval from the governing school board, board of trustees, board of education, school committee, local education authority, local government, non-profit corporation, and/or other legal entity (“School Authority”) having the legal authority to authorize the classroom’s entry into the Contest and to bind the School Authority to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Classrooms whose teachers have an employment, consulting or other form of business relationship with IXL during the Contest Period (other than as a subscriber to IXL) are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law.
- 2. How to Enter: The Registration Period begins on March 17, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, (the “Registration Period”). During the Registration Period, a classroom may enter the Contest by having its teacher go online and complete the entry form at https://www.ixl.com/contest. The teacher must be logged-in to a valid, active IXL teacher account in order to register. Each classroom that has properly entered the Contest will, together with its authorizing School Authority, be referred to herein as an Entrant and the students in that classroom will be referred to as Entrant Students. By entering, Entrants expressly agree to abide by these Official Rules. Receipt of entries may not be acknowledged. Late and/or incomplete entries shall be deemed null and void. Sponsor, and its employees, agents, and representatives, are not responsible for late, incomplete, lost, corrupted, misdirected, or un-posted entries.
- 3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on April 1, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (The “Contest Period”).
- 4. How to Compete: During the Contest Period, the Entrant Students compete on behalf of their classrooms by accessing IXL from the classroom and/or from home (as their teachers and parents, respectively, will permit) and completing as many questions as they can over the course of the 30-day Contest Period, subject to the limitations and restrictions set forth herein. The following guidelines apply to all Entrant Students:
(i) Classrooms for Pre-Kindergarten through 4th Grade compete against other Pre-K through 4th Grade classrooms (“Group 1”).
(ii) Classrooms for 5th Grade through 8th Grade compete against other 5th Grade through 8th Grade classrooms (“Group 2”).
(iii) Classrooms for 9th Grade through 12th Grade compete against other 9th Grade through 12th Grade classrooms (“Group 3”).
(iv) Questions completed in any of the subjects included in the Entrant classroom’s account (e.g., math, language arts, science, social studies, and Spanish) will be counted.
(v) Questions completed as part of the Real-Time Diagnostic will not be counted.
(vi) For Entrant Students in Grades Pre-K through 4, questions in all grade levels will be counted.
(vii) For Entrant Students in Grades 5 through 8, only questions for Grades 3 and above will be counted.
(viii) For Entrant Students in Grades 9 through 12, only questions for Grades 7 and above will be counted.
(ix) Skills that are repeated after they have been mastered once during the Contest Period will not be counted. Mastering a skill means achieving a SmartScore™ of 100 for that skill.
(x) No more than 50 questions answered by one student in a single skill (prior to reaching a score of 100) will be eligible.
(xii) Each Entrant Student must master at least 3 skills over the course of the Contest Period in order to have any of his or her questions counted.
- 5. How to Win: The three (3) classrooms from each of Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3 (for a total of nine (9) classrooms) that have the highest average number of questions completed per student during the Contest Period within their respective Group will be selected as winners. In the event of a tie, the classroom with the higher percentage of correctly answered eligible questions will win.
- 6. Prize: Each winning classroom will receive a $250.00 U.S. Visa gift card (“Prize”). Winners will be announced on May 8, 2021 via email. Winners must reply to Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee within 168 hours of the notification in order to claim the Prize. In the event Sponsor or its designee is unable to successfully contact or communicate with a winner, Sponsor may award the Prize to the classroom within the same Group with the next highest average number of questions completed per student. The approximate retail value (“APR”) of each prize is $250.00 U.S. The APR of all prizes totals $7,500.00 U.S.
To receive a prize, Entrant must be in compliance with these Official Rules as solely determined by the Sponsor. In the event a winner is determined not to be in compliance, the Prize otherwise due that winner may be awarded to the next eligible Entrant as described above.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Any difference between the stated estimated value of the prize and its actual value will not be awarded. Each winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is.” Sponsor or its representative may provide the winners with an IRS Form 1099 showing the actual retail value of the Prize for the calendar year in which the Prize was awarded. Prizes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Sponsor is not required to (but may, in its sole discretion) offer substitutions, or an alternative, to the Prize awarded under this Contest. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the Prize is unavailable. The prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included with the prizes, and pursuant to applicable law.
- 7. General Entry Rules: Any individual or Entrant who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, entry under multiple identities or for a proxy individual, and/or uses multiple computers, multiple accounts, multiple Internet Protocol addresses, so-called “proxy servers,” or any software program to manipulate or create unauthorized multiple entries for this Contest, or uses any other device, method, or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, false entries as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to review and investigate all entries and to take any and all measures it deems necessary to ensure a fair Contest. In the event of a dispute, entry information will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account used at the time of entry.
Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, printers, and distributors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and any other person or entity related in any way to this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), are not responsible for circumstances that may limit or otherwise restrict the ability to participate, including, but not limited to: (i) late, incomplete, garbled, or mutilated entries; technical, hardware, or miscellaneous software malfunctions; viruses; network or electronic malfunctions of any kind; (ii) any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Contest-related communications; or (iii) any printing errors in these Official Rules. If a printing, electronic, or other error results in more prizes being claimed than the number stated in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be conducted as described in these Official Rules (including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest), Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select winners from entries received prior to the action taken as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or otherwise attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way may be disqualified.
ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.
- 8. Release and Indemnification: By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final for all purposes hereunder, and agree: (i) Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, may use the names, likenesses, images, photographs, voices, cities/states of residence, and biographical information of the teachers of any Entrants (but not of the students) for advertising, trade and promotion in any media or format now or hereafter known, including on the Internet, including, but not limited to, social media platforms, or via wireless application protocol, without further compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law; (ii) Entrants acknowledge, understand, and agree that each of them assumes liability for, and all risks of, any and all injuries (including without limitation, personal injury, illness, adverse reaction, or death) or damages caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Contest, and that Entrants, their heirs, next of kin, spouse, guardians, legal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby unconditionally and irrevocably release, indemnify, forever discharge and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liens, agreements, suits, costs, attorneys’ fees, damages, judgments, orders, and liabilities of whatever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, and whether or not concealed or hidden inclusive of any claims for damage to property, personal injury, illness, mental illness, or death, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and rights of publicity in any way arising directly or indirectly out of the Entrants’ participation in the Contest.
Each Entrant hereby waives application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Each Entrant expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waives any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Contest. Entrants and the winners further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Contest.
The teachers of the winning Entrants may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (unless prohibited by law) and other documents as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. As applicable, Entrants must return the aforementioned materials to Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives or the prizes may be forfeited and awarded to the next eligible Entrant.
- 9. Miscellaneous Conditions: EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PRE-EMPTED BY FEDERAL OR OTHER APPLICABLE STATE LAW, THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THEREOF. ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONFIRMING THAT THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONFORM WITH THE LAWS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS AND HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THEY HAVE DONE SO. ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS, DISPUTES OR CONTROVERSIES BETWEEN ENTRANT AND THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN THE COUNTY OF SAN MATEO, STATE OF CALIFORNIA. BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THEY HAVE TO A JURY TRIAL. THIS ARBITRATION CONTRACT IS MADE PURSUANT TO A TRANSACTION IN INTERSTATE COMMERCE AND ITS INTERPRETATION, APPLICATION, ENFORCEMENT AND PROCEEDINGS HEREUNDER SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”). THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE BOUND TO APPLY AND ENFORCE THE TERMS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL, BINDING, AND ENFORCEABLE IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. NEITHER ENTRANT NOR SPONSOR SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHER CONSUMERS OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and they further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 10. Winners List and Official Rules: You may request the name of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2021 to Sponsor at the address below, Attn: 2021 IXL Spring Learning Showdown Contest. During the Contest Period, Official Rules requests may be sent to the same address. Rules requests must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for rules requests.
- 12. Sponsor: IXL Learning, Inc., 777 Mariners Island Blvd., Suite 600, San Mateo, CA 94404 (USA).
13. Copyright Notice: The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright
© 2021 IXL Learning. All rights are reserved.