The first step is to sign in!
Once you are signed in, click on Learning to start exploring the thousands of skills on IXL. Here are a few suggestions for places to dive in:
- Visit your Real-Time Diagnostic to reveal your levels in math and language arts strands and find even more helpful recommendations just for you!
- For math and language arts skill inspiration, IXL has recommendations tailored specially for you, based on what you've been working on! You can explore your personalized Recommendations wall to discover relevant skills whenever you like. In the upper-right corner, there’s also a link to all of the skills suggested for you by your teacher!
- Check out your skill plans! If your teacher has pinned a skill plan, it will be available on your Skill plans tab so you can easily jump right in and practice relevant skills.
- On a subject tab, you can see all the available skills for that subject. Hold your mouse over a skill name to view sample questions.
- To access the educational achievement standards for your state, go to the Standards tab. Select a subject and grade, and click on a standards-aligned skill to start practicing.
- If you are practicing math or language arts, the Awards tab is another fun place to find challenges and discover new skills. While working toward uncovering and collecting prizes, you can encounter all types of skills you might not have otherwise stumbled on.
Are you looking for a specific skill or topic? You can use the search bar at the top of every page! Search for skills like “classify organisms” or “use action verbs” and topics like “decimals” or “state capitals.” If you know the permanent skill ID (the three-character code located at the end of a skill name), you can enter it in the search bar to access the skill!