Consonant blends and digraphs
- B.1 Complete the word with the correct initial consonant blend
- B.2 Complete the word with the correct final consonant blend
- B.3 Spell the word with a consonant blend
- B.4 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ch, sh, th
- B.5 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ph, qu, wh
- B.6 Spell the digraph word: ch, sh, th
- B.7 Spell the digraph word: ph, qu, wh
- B.8 Sort by initial consonant blend or digraph
- B.9 Complete the word with a three-letter consonant blend
- B.10 Complete the sentence with a three-letter consonant blend word
- B.11 Complete the words with silent letters
Short and long vowels
- D.1 Sort short and long vowel words
- D.2 Match the short a and long a words to pictures
- D.3 Match the short e and long e words to pictures
- D.4 Choose the short i or long i word that matches the picture
- D.5 Choose the short o or long o word that matches the picture
- D.6 Choose the short u or long u word that matches the picture
- D.7 Use spelling patterns to sort long and short vowel words
- D.8 Is the syllable open or closed?
- D.9 Spell words with open and closed syllables
- D.10 Complete the sentence with the correct -ild, -ind, -old, -olt, or -ost word
- E.1 Choose the silent e word that matches the picture
- E.2 Complete the silent e words
- E.3 Spell the silent e word
- E.4 Choose the silent e sentence that matches the picture
- E.5 Choose the picture that matches the vowel team word
- E.6 Complete the vowel team words
- E.7 Complete the word with the correct vowel team
- E.8 Choose the vowel team sentence that matches the picture
- E.9 Choose the words with a given long vowel
- E.10 Spell the long a word: silent e, ai, ay
- E.11 Spell the long e word: ee, ea
- E.12 Spell the long i word: silent e, ie, y
- E.13 Spell the long o word: silent e, oa, ow
- E.14 Spell the long u word: silent e, ue, oo, ew
Diphthongs: oi, oy, ou, ow
Soft g and c
- J.1 How many syllables does the word have?
- J.2 Sort by the number of syllables
- J.3 Put two syllables together to create a word
- J.4 Complete the two-syllable words
- J.5 Complete the sentence with a two-syllable word
- J.6 Complete the consonant-l-e words
- J.7 Choose the correct spelling of the consonant-l-e word
- J.8 Spell the consonant-l-e word
Reading comprehension strategies
- L.1 Which book title goes with the picture?
- L.2 Use text features
- L.3 Use actions and dialogue to understand characters
- L.4 Choose the picture that matches the setting or character
- L.5 Order events in a story
- L.6 Match each effect to its cause
- L.7 Match each cause to its effect
- L.8 Compare and contrast in informational passages
- L.9 Determine the topic and purpose of informational passages
Independent reading comprehension
- N.1 Is the sentence a statement, question, command, or exclamation?
- N.2 Identify the subject of a sentence
- N.3 Identify the predicate of a sentence
- N.4 Is it a complete sentence or a fragment?
- N.5 Is it a complete sentence or a run-on?
- N.6 Is it a complete sentence, a fragment, or a run-on?
- N.7 Unscramble the words to make a complete sentence
- O.1 Select the nouns
- O.2 Which word is a noun?
- O.3 Identify nouns
- O.4 Sort common and proper nouns
- O.5 Identify common and proper nouns
- O.6 Form regular plurals with -s and -es
- O.7 Use regular plurals with -s and -es
- O.8 Use singular and plural nouns
- O.9 Is the noun singular or plural?
- O.10 Form and use irregular plurals
- O.11 Identify plurals, singular possessives, and plural possessives
- O.12 Form the singular or plural possessive
- O.13 Identify and correct errors with plural and possessive nouns
- P.1 Identify personal pronouns
- P.2 Choose between subject and object personal pronouns
- P.3 Replace the singular noun with a personal pronoun
- P.4 Replace the plural noun with a personal pronoun
- P.5 Compound subjects and objects with "I" and "me"
- P.6 Choose the correct personal pronoun
- P.7 Identify possessive pronouns
- P.8 Use possessive pronouns
- P.9 Choose between personal and reflexive pronouns
- P.10 Use reflexive pronouns
- Q.1 Use action verbs
- Q.2 Identify action verbs
- Q.3 Identify helping verbs
- Q.4 One or more than one?
- Q.5 Use the correct subject or verb
- Q.6 Pronoun-verb agreement
- Q.7 Which sentence is in the regular past tense?
- Q.8 Identify verbs in the regular past tense
- Q.9 Form and use the regular past tense
- Q.10 Place sentences on a timeline
- Q.11 Change the sentence to future tense
- Q.12 Identify the irregular past tense I
- Q.13 Identify the irregular past tense II
- Q.14 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 1
- Q.15 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 2
- Q.16 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 3
- Q.17 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 4
- Q.18 Match the -ed and -ing sentences to the pictures
- Q.19 To be: use the correct present tense form
- Q.20 To be: use the correct past tense form
- Q.21 To be: use the correct form
- Q.22 To have: use the correct form
- Q.23 Place sentences with irregular verbs on a timeline
- Q.24 Is the sentence in the past, present, or future tense?
Adjectives and adverbs
- S.1 Use sense words
- S.2 Does the adjective tell you what kind or how many?
- S.3 Identify the adjective that describes the noun
- S.4 Identify adjectives
- S.5 Identify comparative and superlative adjectives
- S.6 Does the adverb tell you how, when, or where?
- S.7 Identify adverbs
- S.8 Choose between adjectives and adverbs
- S.9 Is the word an adjective or adverb?
Transitions and sequence
Punctuation, capitalization, and formatting
- W.1 Commas with a series
- W.2 Commas with dates
- W.3 Commas with the names of places
- W.4 Commas: review
- W.5 Capitalizing the names of people and pets
- W.6 Capitalizing days, months, and holidays
- W.7 Capitalizing the names of places and geographic features
- W.8 Capitalization: review
- W.9 Abbreviate days of the week
- W.10 Abbreviate months of the year
- W.11 Greetings and closings of letters
- W.12 Capitalizing titles
Prefixes and suffixes
- Z.1 Use context to identify the meaning of a word
- Z.2 Choose the synonym
- Z.3 Which sentence has the same meaning?
- Z.4 Find synonyms in context
- Z.5 Choose the antonym
- Z.6 Which sentence uses an antonym?
- Z.7 Find antonyms in context
- Z.8 Sort words into categories
- Z.9 Shades of meaning with pictures
- Z.10 Find the words with related meanings
- Z.11 Which word is not like the others?
- Z.12 Order related words based on meaning
- Z.13 Describe the difference between related words
- Z.14 Form compound words with pictures
- Z.15 Form compound words
- Z.16 Form and use compound words
- Z.17 Multiple-meaning words with pictures
- Z.18 Homophones with pictures
- Z.19 Identify homophones
- Z.20 Use the correct homophone
- Z.21 Choose the picture that matches the idiomatic expression