Consonant blends and digraphs
- C.1 Complete the word with the correct initial consonant blend
- C.2 Complete the word with the correct final consonant blend
- C.3 Spell the word with a consonant blend
- C.4 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ch, sh, th
- C.5 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ph, qu, wh
- C.6 Spell the digraph word: ch, sh, th
- C.7 Spell the digraph word: ph, qu, wh
- C.8 Sort by initial consonant blend or digraph
- C.9 Complete the word with a three-letter consonant blend
- C.10 Complete the sentence with a three-letter consonant blend word
- C.11 Complete the words with silent letters
Short and long vowels
- E.1 Sort short and long vowel words
- E.2 Match the short a and long a words to pictures
- E.3 Match the short e and long e words to pictures
- E.4 Choose the short i or long i word that matches the picture
- E.5 Choose the short o or long o word that matches the picture
- E.6 Choose the short u or long u word that matches the picture
- E.7 Use spelling patterns to sort long and short vowel words
- E.8 Is the syllable open or closed?
- E.9 Spell words with open and closed syllables
- E.10 Complete the sentence with the correct -ild, -ind, -old, -olt, or -ost word
Diphthongs: oi, oy, ou, ow
Soft g and c
Inference and analysis
Setting and character
Topic and purpose
Compare and contrast
Independent reading comprehension
Prefixes and suffixes
Synonyms and antonyms
Grammar and mechanics
Sentences, fragments, and run-ons
- OO.1 Is the sentence a statement, question, command, or exclamation?
- OO.2 Identify the subject of a sentence
- OO.3 Identify the predicate of a sentence
- OO.4 Is it a complete sentence or a fragment?
- OO.5 Is it a complete sentence or a run-on?
- OO.6 Is it a complete sentence, a fragment, or a run-on?
- OO.7 Unscramble the words to make a complete sentence
- PP.1 Select the nouns
- PP.2 Which word is a noun?
- PP.3 Identify nouns
- PP.4 Sort common and proper nouns
- PP.5 Identify common and proper nouns
- PP.6 Form regular plurals with -s and -es
- PP.7 Use regular plurals with -s and -es
- PP.8 Use singular and plural nouns
- PP.9 Is the noun singular or plural?
- PP.10 Form and use irregular plurals
- PP.11 Identify plurals, singular possessives, and plural possessives
- PP.12 Form the singular or plural possessive
- PP.13 Identify and correct errors with plural and possessive nouns
- QQ.1 Identify personal pronouns
- QQ.2 Choose between subject and object personal pronouns
- QQ.3 Replace the singular noun with a personal pronoun
- QQ.4 Replace the plural noun with a personal pronoun
- QQ.5 Compound subjects and objects with "I" and "me"
- QQ.6 Choose the correct personal pronoun
- QQ.7 Identify possessive pronouns
- QQ.8 Use possessive pronouns
- QQ.9 Choose between personal and reflexive pronouns
- QQ.10 Use reflexive pronouns
- TT.1 Which sentence is in the regular past tense?
- TT.2 Identify verbs in the regular past tense
- TT.3 Form and use the regular past tense
- TT.4 Place sentences on a timeline
- TT.5 Change the sentence to future tense
- TT.6 Identify the irregular past tense I
- TT.7 Identify the irregular past tense II
- TT.8 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 1
- TT.9 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 2
- TT.10 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 3
- TT.11 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 4
- TT.12 Match the -ed and -ing sentences to the pictures
- TT.13 To be: use the correct present tense form
- TT.14 To be: use the correct past tense form
- TT.15 To be: use the correct form
- TT.16 To have: use the correct form
- TT.17 Place sentences with irregular verbs on a timeline
- TT.18 Is the sentence in the past, present, or future tense?
Adjectives and adverbs
- VV.1 Use sense words
- VV.2 Does the adjective tell you what kind or how many?
- VV.3 Identify the adjective that describes the noun
- VV.4 Identify adjectives
- VV.5 Identify comparative and superlative adjectives
- VV.6 Does the adverb tell you how, when, or where?
- VV.7 Identify adverbs
- VV.8 Choose between adjectives and adverbs
- VV.9 Is the word an adjective or adverb?