Author's purpose and tone
Analyzing informational texts
Editing and revising
Prefixes and suffixes
Word choice and usage
Grammar and mechanics
Sentences, fragments, and run-ons
- Z.1 Is the sentence declarative, interrogative, imperative, or exclamatory?
- Z.2 Identify the complete subject or complete predicate of a sentence
- Z.3 Identify the simple subject or simple predicate of a sentence
- Z.4 Identify the compound subject or compound predicate of a sentence
- Z.5 Is it a complete sentence or a fragment?
- Z.6 Is it a complete sentence or a run-on?
- Z.7 Is it a complete sentence, a fragment, or a run-on?
Phrases and clauses
- BB.1 Form and use plurals: review
- BB.2 Form and use plurals of compound nouns
- BB.3 Identify plurals, singular possessives, and plural possessives
- BB.4 Form the singular or plural possessive
- BB.5 Identify and correct errors with plural and possessive nouns
- BB.6 Identify and correct errors with compound and joint possession
- DD.1 Choose between subject and object pronouns
- DD.2 Compound subjects and objects with "I" and "me"
- DD.3 Compound subjects and objects with pronouns
- DD.4 Choose between personal and reflexive pronouns
- DD.5 Use reflexive pronouns
- DD.6 Is the pronoun reflexive or intensive?
- DD.7 Use relative pronouns: who and whom
- DD.8 Use relative pronouns: who, whom, whose, which, and that
- GG.1 Irregular past tense: review
- GG.2 Simple past, present, and future tense: review
- GG.3 Identify and correct inappropriate shifts in verb tense
- GG.4 Form the progressive verb tenses
- GG.5 Form the perfect verb tenses
- GG.6 Identify participles and what they modify
- GG.7 Identify gerunds and their functions
- GG.8 Identify infinitives and infinitive phrases
Adjectives and adverbs
- HH.1 Identify adjectives
- HH.2 Order adjectives
- HH.3 Identify adverbs
- HH.4 Choose between adjectives and adverbs
- HH.5 Is the word an adjective or adverb?
- HH.6 Form and use comparative and superlative adjectives
- HH.7 Good, better, best, bad, worse, and worst
- HH.8 Form and use comparative and superlative adverbs
- HH.9 Well, better, best, badly, worse, and worst